Neurologist motivated on multiple sclerosis pathogenesis research
Our group is seeking a highly motivated Neurologist to study how multimodal visual afferent visual pathway could further the knowledge about pathogenesis of multiple sclerosis and provide biomarkers to monitor the disease in the clinical care and to serve as markers in future randomized trials testing neuroprotective drugs in multiple sclerosis.
• 2-year contract with a salary according to experience.
• Scientific-technical support and complementary training in imaging analyze.
• Possibility to develop research professional career and PhD in Medicine
Deadline for submission of proposals: May 31th 2016
Applicants should send a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to Elena H Martínez-Lapiscina (firstname.lastname@example.org).
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• MD degree and neurologist specialization.
• Background and experience in statistical analysis would be desirable.
• Good organizational and communication skills (English and Spanish).
• Interest in multi-disciplinary research.
• Self-motivation, independence and flexible working attitude.
ABOUT THE EMPLOYER
The Visual Pathway Lab setting in the l’Institut d’Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer (IDIBAPS) and Hospital Clinic is involved in National and International projects to promote establish the assessment of visual afferent pathway as an approach to monitor MS. Future directions of the Visual Laboratory will evaluate the feasibility of this strategy to monitor other neurodegenerative disease such as Alzheimer disease Parkinson disease, Sleep disorders. More details: http://www.neuroimmunologybcn.org/research/visual-pathway-lab/es_index/