Immunopathogenesis of Paraneoplastic Neurologic Syndrome
Paraneoplastic neurologic disorders occur in patients with cancer, often before the cancer diagnosis is known and their correct diagnosis is instrumental in uncovering the tumor and preventing progression of the neurologic disorder.
Our laboratory has confirmed the immunologic cause of several of these disorders and is an international reference center for the evaluation of anti-neuronal antibodies associated with the paraneoplastic neurologic disorders.
We are interested in the characterization of the anti-neuronal antibodies and associated target antigens, with results that can have diagnostic and pathogenic relevance. Some of the antibodies discovered by us such as anti-Hu, anti-Tr and anti-Sox1 are actually used in routine practice to predict the presence of paraneoplastic neurologic disorders.
- Immunopathogenesis of Paraneoplastic Neurologic Syndrome
- Pathogenesis of Immune-mediated Neurological Disorders
- Pathogenesis and Novel Therapies in Multiple Sclerosis
- Biomarkers and Neuroimaging in Multiple Sclerosis and Neuromyelitis Optica
- Neuroimmunologic Response to Surgical Aggression and Anesthesia
- Visual Pathway Laboratory
- Clinical Muticentric Prospective Studies