RESEARCH GROUP Dr Graus
Dr. Sara Llufriu, MD, PhD, is neurogist of the Neuroimmunology and Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Unit at the Hospital Clinic in Barcelona IDIBAPS since 2008. At the end of her residency training, she received the post-residency award “Emili Letang” at Hospital Clinic to conduct a research project based in the use of advanced magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in MS. From 2009 to 2012 she received a competitive grant from the Spanish Ministry of Health to develop clinical research in MS.
Her research involves the use of advanced MRI techniques aimed at defining predictive tools for monitoring and phenotyping the progression of MS and the response to disease modifying therapies. Her training includes research stages at the Advanced Imaging in MS Laboratory, UCSF mentored by Dr. Daniel Pelletier, and also at the Neuroimaging Research Unit in San Raffaele Hospital mentored by Dr. Maria A. Rocca and Professor Massimo Filippi. Dr. Llufriu obtained a maxima Cum Laude for her doctoral thesis entitled "Magnetic resonance imaging and electrophysiological techniques to evaluate and predict disability in MS patients" in 2013.
- Immunopathogenesis of Paraneoplastic Neurologic Syndrome
- Pathogenesis of Immune-mediated Neurological Disorders
- Pathogenesis and Novel Therapies in Multiple Sclerosis
- Biomarkers and Neuroimaging in Multiple Sclerosis and Neuromyelitis Optica
- Neuroimmunologic Response to Surgical Aggression and Anesthesia
- Visual Pathway Laboratory
- Clinical Muticentric Prospective Studies