Optic Radiation framework by Advanced imaging in neuroimmunological diseases
Improved framework for tractography reconstruction of the Optic Radiation The optic radiation (OR) is one of the major components of the visual system and a key structure at risk in white matter diseases such as multiple sclerosis (MS). However, it is challenging to perform track reconstruction of the OR using diffusion MRI due to a sharp change of direction in the Meyer's loop and the presence of kissing and crossing fibers along the pathway.
- We provide an automatic tool to obtain the optic radiation reconstruction including the anterior loop through tractography technique.
- This pipeline requires a 3D-structural image and a DWI sequence (single-shell sequence using 60 or more diffusion-encoding gradient directions). It is highly recommended to include a gradient field map sequence.
- We present a novel framework based on clustering techniques and anatomical knowledge of optic radiation tract.
- The pipeline output directory contains the optic radiation file (format .tck) and the seed and target masks (thalamus and visual cortex).
- Predictive MRI biomarkers of treatment response in MS
- MRI and genetic markers of multiple sclerosis long-term progression
- Cognitive rehabilitation and brain plasticity in Multiple Sclerosis: a randomized controlled clinical study
- Optic Radiation framework by Advanced imaging in neuroimmunological diseases
- Do you want to help us?