RESEARCH GROUP Dr Saiz
She studied Biology at the University of Barcelona and she received the cum laude for her PhD at the Universitat Autónoma de Barcelona with a work named “Mecanismos moleculares de la tolerancia central” focused in the promiscuous expression of autoantigens in the thymus and the mechanisms of central tolerization. After she started working as a researcher for Dr Graus and Dr Saiz, she was involved in Neuroimmunology projects aimed to discovered new antigens in the paraneoplastic neurological syndromes.
She collaborated with the Department of Neurology of Leiden University in Netherlands, the Department of Neurology and Rehabilitation of Tampere University in Finland and with the Neuroimmunology Branch at the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke at the Institue of Health in MD USA.
- Immunopathogenesis of Paraneoplastic Neurologic Syndrome
- Pathogenesis of Immune-mediated Neurological Disorders
- Pathogenesis and Novel Therapies in Multiple Sclerosis
- Biomarkers and Neuroimaging in Multiple Sclerosis and Neuromyelitis Optica
- Neuroimmunologic Response to Surgical Aggression and Anesthesia
- Visual Pathway Laboratory
- Clinical Muticentric Prospective Studies