Optic Radiation framework by Advanced imaging in neuroimmunological diseases
Improved framework for tractography reconstruction of the Optic Radiation
The optic radiation (OR) is one of the major components of the visual system and a key structure at risk in white matter diseases such as multiple sclerosis (MS). However, it is challenging to perform track reconstruction of the OR using diffusion MRI due to a sharp change of direction in the Meyer's loop and the presence of kissing and crossing fibers along the pathway.
- We provide an automatically tool to obtain the optic radiation reconstruction including the anterior loop through tractography technique.
- This pipeline requires a 3D-structural image and a DWI sequence (single-shell sequence using 60 or more diffusion-encoding gradient directions). It is highly recommended to include a gradient field map sequence.
- We present a novel framework based on clustering techniques and anatomical knowledge of optic radiation tract.
- The pipeline output directory contains the optic radiation file (format .tck) and the seed and target masks (thalamus and visual cortex).
List of co-authors
Eloy Martinez-Heras PhD candidate, Federico Varriano MSc, Vesna Prckovska PhD, Carlos Laredo PhD candidate, Magí Andorrà PhD candidate, Elena H. Martínes-Lapiscina MD PhD, Anna Calvo MSc., Erika Lampert MSc, Pablo Villoslada MD, PhD, Albert Saiz MD PhD, Alberto Prats Galino MD PhD, Sara Llufriu MD, PhD.
- +34 93 2275400 ext. 5414
- Hospital Clínic Barcelona. Calle Villarroel 170, scale 6, floor 4
Zip code 08036. Barcelona, Spain